Simulator Officer Proficient
Ansett Aviation Training, a global provider of pilot training solutions and full flight simulator training center operator with training center locations in Australia, Italy, the United Arab Emirates and Taiwan, is looking to hire a number of Simulator Officer's (Simulator Technicians) for its new training center in the United Arab Emirates.
The Simulator Officer Proficient (SOP) works as part of a team applying technical expertise to operate and maintain fully serviced flight simulators for use by AAT’s customers. As a senior member of the team, under the delegation of the Team Leader the SOP guides and coaches other team members and plays a key role in ensuring the simulators meets internal, manufacturer and regulatory compliance standards.
The Simulator Officer Proficient reports to the Simulator Team Leader and also receives direction from the Manager Simulator Operations. The incumbent works with a high degree of independence under broad direction.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities but may provide guidance and coaching to more junior members of the team.
Financial and other delegations/authorities:
Provide fully serviceable flight simulators by undertaking a range of scheduled and ad hoc maintenance tasks, including:
- Preparing simulators for training as per required configurations.
- Aligning and repairing all simulator and computer equipment (to component level where possible).
- Coordinating, performing and overseeing manufacturers’ preventative maintenance according to agreed schedules and servicing manuals.
- Liaising with simulator manufacturers and other external parties to identify and resolve maintenance issues.
- Creating and updating visual and navigation system databases as required.
- Undertake ‘pre-flight’ procedures on the range of flight simulators to ensure serviceability of simulators, rectifying any issues and reporting any defects identified as a result.
- Support the Team Leader in overseeing and delivering a schedule of simulator compliance testing to meet regulatory, manufacturer and company standards, including:
- Undertaking regular Qualification Test Guide validation checks of simulators (as required by regulators).
- Analyzing results, reporting discrepancies and taking appropriate steps to rectify any issues identified through these testing processes.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team on simulator upgrade projects, including undertaking assigned project tasks, training colleagues and adapting work practices to accommodate changes.
- Participate in aircraft system Acceptance Testing Procedures.
- Under the delegation of the Team Leader, draw on expertise to guide, coach and share information with other team members.
- Contribute to planning, coordinating and implementing continuous improvement activities.
- Perform responsibilities in a timely, responsive, customer-focused and quality-driven manner.
- Comply with all OHS instructions, policies and procedures and take steps to identify, eliminate and/or minimize OHS risks where appropriate.
- Other duties as directed by the Team Leader or the Manager Simulator Operations.
- Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering or equivalent qualification and/or training and experience.
- Higher qualifications in one or more of the following (or equivalent): electronics (digital and analogue systems), avionics and/or computer hardware and programming and/or equivalent experience.
Key Skills and Experience Required
Ideally the appointee to this role will have:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Sim Tech
- Significant experience in the maintenance and testing of flight simulators.
- Excellent numerical, diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to professionally liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as being able to exercise substantial levels of independence, judgement and initiative.
- A demonstrated commitment to delivering high levels of customer service and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of safe work procedures and an ability to operate within and apply AAT’s safety management framework.
- A demonstrated commitment to maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of trends and developments in simulator technology.
- A demonstrated interest in the aviation industry is desirable.
Other Job Related Information
Simulator Officers work 12-hour shifts (including nights) on a rotating roster.
Employees at AAT are required to ensure they are aware of and adhere to legislation and company policy relevant to the duties undertaken, including occupational health and safety.
To register your interest and kindly click 'Apply Online' below.